This form must be used to submit a claim for reimbursement under the terms and conditions of the FCA US LLC DriveAbility Program. Through this program, FCA US will provide a reimbursement to each eligible customer who incurs out-of-pocket expenses to install qualifying adaptive driver or passenger equipment on a purchased or leased new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram or FIAT® vehicle (unless discontinued or excluded earlier at the discretion of FCA US). Consult your dealer or call DriveAbility Program Headquarters for eligibility requirements and program expiration dates.
DriveAbility Program Headquarters
- Vehicles sold or leased and delivered to a customer by a participating franchised FCA US dealer or mobility dealer are eligible for payment under this program. Certain types of fleet sales and leases may also qualify. See dealer for details. Sales and installation of adaptive equipment on new FCA US vehicles by mobility equipment dealers may also qualify for reimbursement. Contact DriveAbility Program Headquarters for further information.
- The adaptive equipment must be installed within six months of vehicle purchase or lease. An application form must be submitted to DriveAbility Program Headquarters within 60 days of complete installation of adaptive equipment. Note that for certain adaptations, such as wheelchair-capable vehicles, scooter hoists or hand controls the requirements for a medical note or prescription will be waived. Running boards, alerting devices and similar-type adaptations must have medical documentation. DriveAbility Program Headquarters can answer questions about other adaptations.
- Adaptive equipment is defined as portable or permanent equipment that is required by persons with a permanent disability to drive, enter, exit and/or be transported safely in an FCA US motor vehicle. Factory-optional equipment is not reimbursable under this program. A prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead stating the specific diagnosis is required for reimbursement, excluding exceptions listed above.
- Conversions to all Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram or FIAT® models may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Running boards qualify for reimbursement up to a maximum of $400 on eligible vehicles.
- Alerting devices qualify for reimbursement up to a maximum of $200 on eligible vehicles.
- This application form must be completed in its entirety and signed by the customer and a franchised FCA US dealer or mobility dealer.
- FCA US will be the final judge as to the eligibility, interpretation and fulfillment of all elements of FCA US consumer incentive programs. Any payment or benefits received are subject to the Official Program Rules, which have been made available to all participating dealers.
- Small business owners and fleet accounts must provide a business license or legal documentation indicating that they provide services to the physically challenged in lieu of the prescription.
- A copy of this application form, a copy of the adaptive equipment company’s itemized paid invoice, a copy of signed Buyer’s Order/Lease Agreement, the vehicle registration and a prescription or note from a licensed medical doctor on physician’s letterhead stating the specific diagnosis (when required) must be mailed to the following address:
PO Box 5080 Troy, MI 48007-5080
E-mail – email@example.com
Payment to the individual DriveAbility Program customer who purchased through a mobility dealer will be mailed within six weeks after receipt of an approved application form and all required documentation. If purchased through a participating FCA US dealer, payments will be made electronically to their dealership’s parts account barring special circumstances after receipt of an approved application form and all required documentation.
DriveAbility Program Headquarters
with any questions:
Hotline Hours 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. EST Mon. - Fri.